24/04/2016

The Good, The Bad...ish, And The Other Stuff

As a break from doing my lists I thought I'd post about my recent likes, dislikes and other things as far as TV shows go.



Firstly, I know this is going back a few weeks, I loved The Night Manager. Not necessarily my usual thing but it was well written, well acted and brilliantly made, a real treat and I found myself really wanting to know what happened next. On the flip side I was a little underwhelmed by The People Vs O. J. Simpson, it seemed to be heavily weighed on the side of O. J., and whilst I have to admit the authorities made some major mistakes in the case, there seemed to be a real attempt to show them in the worst possible light. Not that O. J.'s lawyers were shown as being perfect and without flaws. In the end it really felt like they were trying to make the viewer feel sorry for O. J., who made left looking like a sad and lonely man. While the programme was well made and well acted I did feel it wasn't necessarily as good as it could have been.


On the comedy front I have been bemused and amused in equal parts by the BBC series Two Doors Down. It is a fairly standard Sit-Com but with a slightly surreal and chaotic edge. I find it really funny as well as, more than a little, bizarre. Definitely worth a watch.


As far as kids TV goes I would recommend that all adult watch the brilliantly odd, and childishly toilet humoured, Larva. I was treated to it by my LB on Netflix, but it is on TV too, and watched about five episodes (they are only short) with my mouth open and my eyes wide. I love it, it is great, there really isn't any more I can say.


I loved the programme on last night about Shakespear. It showed how his writing has to map ted just about every form of entertainment in one way or another. Some brilliant documentary parts, mixed with dramatic scenes, great musical interpretations and good comedy pieces. Well presented and with the inclusion of many of the greats of stage and screen, a real treat and exactly what I always remember BBC2 being best at.

No comments:

Post a Comment