20/04/2016

Songs - A-Z List (Part 10)

This is the 10th part of my list of songs, the first on this new blog, hopefully at some point I will be able to import the earlier parts of this list any my other posts from the old blog. Anyway, for those that don't know these are a list of ten songs all starting with the same letter (ignoring the word "the"), they are not nessecarily favourite songs just songs that stand out for one reason or another. The titles are links to videos. So here are the ten songs I've chosen for the letter I.


1. Into The Void - Black Sabbath.
Another of my favourite songs from my favourite band. I'm not sure why this track is one of my favourites but I have always really liked this song, the album it's from isn't necessarily one of their best but that's more to do with the production quality than the songs themselves.


2. In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins.
I love a good bit of Doo-Wop and this is just that. A great song sung well and well made, just one of those tracks I will always love.


3. I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs.
I am not a huge fan of the Kaiser Chiefs, I do like some of their songs but they don't "wow" me really. This song is the first thing I heard from them and IMHO it is still the best thing I've heard by them.


4. I Owe You - Zolof The Rock 'n' Roll Destroyer.
This is an odd track, I discovered this on a blog a long time ago, so long ago in fact that I don't even remember what it was called. I'm not sure exactly what it is about it I like but from the first time I heard it I though "This is great" and the band have a fantastic name.


5. I'm Your Man - Leonard Cohen.
A fantastic track by a brilliant man that I have only been into for a little while now. I love the lyrics to this song.


6. Immortal - Clutch.
A great song from an excellent album by a really good band. I have no idea where I first heard of Clutch but I put one of their albums on a Christmas list one year and got it, this track was on it and I thought it was great.



7. I Only Want To Be With You - The Tourists.
A song I remember, in it's original form from my early youth and family parties, and in this form from my later youth. A good cover version of a good song, who could ask for more.



8. I Thank You - ZZ Top.
Another great cover version by a great band. I've always liked ZZ Top and this track is really good. I love their earlier stuff, some of the later, meaning post Eliminator, stuff isn't quite so good but it still has it's merits.



9. In A Broken Dream - Python Lee Jackson.
A classic track. The band themselves were not huge and this was their only hit, but the song is just great and for me it is one of the best vocal performances that Rod Stewart has ever done.



10. I Love You, Love Me, Love - Gary Glitter.
This, I know, is going to be a very controversial choice. Let me start by saying that I detest Paul Gadd/Gary Glitter as a person, I think he should still be in jail for the terrible things he has done and should never have been released. Having said that I also want to say that Music has been a major, if not THE major thing in my formative years and as such has shaped my entire life, thus I find it impossible to remove memories of music from my mind. This track was one that I really liked when I was a teen and still like now, if you remove the song from the singer it is good and I always loved the sound of The Glitter Band. So that is why I exclude it here.



Well, that's all for this part of the list, more soon. Please leave a comment if you want, or some songs that you like that I might not have heard. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment